Monday, April 23, 2007

A Few Kernels of Joy in the Popcorn Bucket of Life

Sometimes in life, especially in troubled times like these, it’s the little things that help you to survive.

Like…

-How much fun “Grindhouse” was. If you haven’t seen it (and judging by the box office, you haven’t), you should.

-A wonderful e-mail from Jess on Friday that gave me a pick-me-up right when I needed it.

-The Royal Rumble recaps, which I am really enjoying working on, even if I now realize what a Herculean task I set for myself by starting it. But I am gonna finish, by gum!

-A $46 dividend check from my State Farm agent, just when I was running low on cash.

-Seeing Lindsey and AJ and Stephy and J last week, though the reason for their visit was sorrowful.

-A long talk with Maria last night.

-Hopefully having long talks with Jess and Elizabeth sometime soon.

-Visiting Greg in Cleveland and Lindsey in D.C. and Amanda in Atlanta and EVERYONE in EVERYWHERE…soon? Maybe? Hopefully? Please?

-Text messages from friends when you least expect them.

-HomestarRunner.com, which always provides a laugh when it is needed.

-The Venture Bros. Got season 2 last Monday. That season finale f’n ROCKED.

-Abby’s recaps of American Idol on her Fox blog, even though a.) she hasn’t updated it in a few weeks and b.) I don’t like American Idol. Abby’s writing on the subject is compulsively readable, even for a non-fan like me. And she was on the anti-Sanjaya train WAY before the rest of pop culture jumped on.

-Oh, and there’s this. But that one you know about already. :)

1 Comments:

At 7:56 PM, Blogger Averyslave said...

Amanda in Atlanta? I vote for that one.

And Henry Godwinn is back? I heard he had a neck injury that ended his career. Good for him making a comeback, even if he's still a hog farmer. Remember when he used to stick it to Helmsley?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home