Sunday, May 15, 2005

Some Cool Things...

Well, I haven't updated in quite a few days. And there's a good reason for this: I'm lazy. Well, no, I've been busy. Well, no, I'm lazy. Sigh...

Anyway, here are 7 cool things on this Sunday night...

#1. - The Interpreter. Saw the flick with the lovely and talented Amanda Myers this evening and it was very good. Definitely worth checking out.

#2. - Star Wars week. I was looking at this coming week with a sense of dread, that I'd work like I'd never worked before seating folks for this one. And then I learned that for reasons that I'd best not mention here (ask if ya wanna know), we apparently won't be carrying Episode III in the Director's Halls. And they still want me to do my schtick for the big theatres. So I have all the fun of doing my thing in front of the huge, enthusiastic crowds (last time I did something like this was the LOTR day, and that was the most fun I've ever had at work), and I probably won't have to seat anyone for it. Neat! (And hey, if you're coming to a midnight show at the theatre, hope you like the bit!)

#3. - Arrested Development's renewal. Now, I haven't seen the show (heard great things, haven't tried it yet), but my enthusiasm is rather for what I hope is a new trend - Fox renewed it for TWO seasons, despite the fact that it isn't doing that well in the ratings. Why? Because it's a much-liked and well-reviewed show (won the Best Comedy Emmy last year) which has a growing cult fanbase, so Fox wants to keep it around long enough for it to find its audience, and even if it doesn't work out, it'll make enough episodes to send it into syndication and make more money through DVD sales (ala Family Guy). Imagine - a good show sticking around because it's a good show, and this new marketplace giving it double the chance to turn a profit in the process. I really hope more networks pick up on this concept - how nowadays there's more than one way to have a hit, and that quality can and does find its audience, one way or another, if you give it a chance.

#4. - Family Guy. There hasn't been a breakout classic yet, but each of the shows so far in the new run have been very fun and with some awesome moments. Peter/Chicken II, anyone?

#5. - American Dad. I didn't think a lot of it at first - Family Guy the B Show, basically - but it's starting to grow on me. What really got me was a moment on tonight's show: "Mom just ran off with my boyfriend!" "No, your boyfriend just took off with my wife! Let's get back at them by dating each other! Wait a minute...Daddy didn't think that through..." The two shows are not equals just yet, but getting closer, and I will no longer simply blow off AD in favor of its big brother.

#6. - A.J. Styles wins the NWA Title at the TNA PPV tonight. Way to go A.J.! Now, TNA, give the guy a chance to actually carry the damn ball this time!

#7. - Job interview tomorrow. No details yet - later, I promise - but I'm actually pretty calm and cool about the whole thing. Cool if it happens, not a heartbreaker if it doesn't, so I'm feeling pretty darn cool on this one.

More info as it comes, and it won't be a week to the next update, I promise!

1 Comments:

At 1:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm glad to see I wasn't the only one who liked this edition of "American Dad". I thought I would have to hide my growing taste for the show, but maybe, just maybe it will be good. My favorite moment came on the boat when Stan figured out exactly what he was forgetting. Good stuff.

And PS: Technically, _tonight_ was Peter/Chicken II. What we need now is Peter/Chicker 3. . .D!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home