Wednesday, April 13, 2005

The Jeff Song Quiz Made Easier!

Well, maybe the problem with the quiz is it's too hard. So, here's the list of artists again, with a few hints about the identity of each song. Again, take your best guesses, and whoever gets the most right gets a prize! Darn it! :)

Correct answers in bold! Lindsey now has 7, Chris still has 4, and there's only 9 left! Who will take it? One of these bold gladiators or someone else? Who can say? WHO CAN SAY?!?!? :)

Bon Jovi - (I've often said that if I became a wrestler, I'd want this song as my theme. Off of "Slippery When Wet.") - "Livin' on a Prayer" - CHRIS

The Capitol Steps - (Parody which directly inspired my singing gig at the movie theatre this past winter. And Jerry Falwell is a $#!+#3@{).)

Harry Chapin - (One of his lesser-known ballads. About a little midnight watchman and a rotund waitress.)

Bobby Darin - (Opens "Beyond the Sea." Was his biggest hit.) - "Mack the Knife" - LINDSEY

Eminem - (I'd like to thank the Academy...) - "Lose Yourself" - LINDSEY

Finger Eleven - (Closes the Chris Benoit DVD. I also love the song's themes.)

Guns 'N Roses - (Was used by ECW as a theme for their biggest PPV, "November 2 Remember." That may be the most obvious hint I'll EVER give.) - "November Rain" - LINDSEY

Isaac Hayes - (What unites all people, regardless of race, color or creed? Deep down inside, we think this song is pretty cool.) - "Theme from 'Shaft'" - LINDSEY

Billy Joel - (I wish I could say I was one, but sadly I'm guilty as hell.) - "An Innocent Man" - CHRIS

Kiss - (Taz's ECW theme song. Heather also says it was Killer's theme.) - "War Machine" - CHRIS

Tom Lehrer - (I almost performed this at Theta Monologue Night one year, but opted instead for another song. Looking back, wish I hadn't.)

Henry Mancini - (No one, of any age, can listen to this song and not feel cool. Used as theme of "Spy Hunter" videogame.) - "Peter Gunn Theme" - LINDSEY

Meat Loaf - (Not one of the big hits from Bat 2. Video has Meat with a necklace of Christmas lights.)

Metallica - (One of the coolest ECW experiences is seeing one of their biggest stars come out to this song, drinking beer and smoking cigs the whole way. God, I miss ECW.) - "Enter Sandman" - CHRIS

Tom Petty - (Maybe the most obscure song on this list by a well-known artist. Theme from the movie "She's the One.") - "Walls" - LINDSEY

Paul Simon - (My favorite song as a kid. Lyrics make no sense, but then none of the lyrics on "Graceland" make much sense.)

Will Smith/The Fresh Prince - (Way back, early days, pre-TV show days. Song contains the line, "If it's true that music calms the savage beast/play this cut in the jungle and put the lions to sleep.")

"South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut" Soundtrack - (I often ask myself this when faced with a life-changing crisis. It doesn't help much, but still, I ask.) - "What Would Brian Boitano Do?" - LINDSEY

"Sweeney Todd" Soundtrack - ("The history of the world, my pet, is learn forgiveness and try to forget...")

"Weird Al" Yankovic - (I've quoted this song a LOT in the past year, as a summary of how I feel about life right about now. An original from "Bad Hair Day.")

14 Comments:

At 8:44 PM, Blogger ruehllin said...

I obviously don't know all of these, but I'm taking some guesses.

Eminem: Lose Yourself
Guns N' Roses: November Rain
Isaac Hayes: Theme from "Shaft"
Billy Joel: Uptown girl??
South Park: What would Brian Boitano do?

I feel like I should know more of them, but, sadly I don't.

PS, my freaking Blogspot won't work.

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Jeff Mac said...

Lindsey takes the early lead with 4! (All right except for the Billy Joel. Um, good guess, but I really don't wanna be an Uptown Girl. :) )

 
At 1:14 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bon Jovi..."Livin on a Prayer"

I want to take credit for at least one. I think I know the Metallica but I'm not 100% sure...

 
At 4:18 PM, Blogger ruehllin said...

Sweeney Todd: "The Priest Song" or "Have a Little Priest." I'm not sure of the exact title.

 
At 4:22 PM, Blogger ruehllin said...

Bobby Darrin: "Mack the Knife."

I wanna WIN!!!!!

 
At 4:24 PM, Blogger ruehllin said...

Tom Petty: "Walls" maybe???

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Jeff Mac said...

Chris is right, Lindsey is right on two outta three...the "Sweeney" guess is close, but not quite right. Another song which features a refrain from that song.

11 left!

-Jeff

 
At 1:45 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"War Machine" by KISS for Taz!!!

 
At 1:47 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"Enter Sandman" for...Sandman!!!

 
At 1:52 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

"An Innocent Man" by Billy Joel

 
At 10:30 PM, Blogger Jeff Mac said...

Chris is on fire! All three guesses right, ten songs down, ten to go! Who will take it?!?! Whose cuisine reigns supreme?!?!

 
At 11:26 PM, Blogger ruehllin said...

Okay, what about "god that's good?" from Sweeney

 
At 3:22 PM, Blogger ruehllin said...

Peter Gunn Theme!!!!!!!!!! Henry Mancini

 
At 5:24 PM, Blogger Jeff Mac said...

Right on the Mancini guess, Linds, but wrong again on Sweeney. Keep trying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home