Thursday, March 17, 2005

Happy Drinking Day!

I've never been one to celebrate St. Patty's day, despite my Irish ancestry and the prominent "Mc" at the beginning of my last name. Hey, I'm a teetotaller, darn it. This means that the primary benefit of celebrating this day - i.e., getting hammered like you've never been hammered before - is not an option for me. Ergo, my observation of the holiday has always been pretty muted. The closest I've ever come to doing ANYTHING for Patty was the year I wore a "Kiss Me, I'm Irish" pin, because Heather convinced me that all the women who I made blush with my Valentine's Day schtick would wanna reward me for it. Um, yeah. I think I got one kiss, total, and if memory serves me, it was from Heather. :)

Meantime, last night was full of friends and happenings (Beth and John hanging at Big Boy and talking for hours, Heather W. at the movies seeing "The Jacket" - not bad, not great, BTW...), and tonight is full of work (nighttime shift so I can help intro the "Beauty Shop" preview). So I'm pretty party resistant tonight, anyway. But everyone else have a blast this evening, and no matter how plastered you get, BE SAFE DRIVING HOME, okay?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home