Thursday, May 19, 2005

May the Force Be With Yadda Yadda....

On the whole, the LOTR crowd was more fun, less rowdy, and allowed me to talk without shouting quite as loud as I had to tonight. Not really a good time.

Five screens were playing the show - we sold out all but one of them, which was the last one made available. People were pretty okay waiting in line and being moved into the theatres, it was when they were in there that they started getting rowdy. The human being in large herds can be a scary animal. Three times I tried to address the crowd in one sold-out show, and three times I had to shout at the top of my lungs just to grab their attention, only to lose it quickly. Again, I dunno if the material being different was a factor or what, but the LOTR crowds were much nicer and much more readily attentive for Return of the King's opening day. But ah well.

Hopefully tomorrow will be more low key and manageable. And I'll get to do my full-blown Darth Vader schtick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home