Wednesday, October 25, 2006

My Bad

(Yet anudder new song. Tee hee. :) This one's a 80's-ish rock ballad, considerably more upbeat in delivery than the lyrics would suggest. Comments and criticisms are welcome and encouraged. And I admit that, in many ways, this is the single most autobiographical song I will ever write.)

“My Bad” by Jeff McGinnis
(written 10/06)

Do you remember when I tried to take you out that night
and you just said it was a waste of time?
Or when you broke your drinking glass because you threw it down
‘cuz I forgot to add a twist of lime?
Then, the day you tossed that chicken soup right in my face
just to prove it was a bit too hot?
Or the time you had that high speed crash in my new car
because I didn’t mention that blind spot?

There was the way you had to say that I was getting fat
Or when you wrecked your favorite mower when you hit my cat
And then you hurt your knee breaking my A-Rod baseball bat
Well, there’s just one thing I have to say about all that…

It’s my bad
I’m sorry, didn’t mean any harm
I’m sure kitty didn’t suffer when he bought the farm
It’s my bad
How convenient, I’ve known you so long
And every problem that we have is because I was wrong
It’s my bad

I felt awful ‘bout the day when my dear mother died
and it meant you had to miss “The View”
Or when that soda that I bought you was a size too small
oh, just how could I do that to you?
And I’m so sorry if you hurt your fist in any way
that one time you punched me in the face
Oh yes, you’re right, I don’t know how I can live with myself,
I’m just a blemish on the human race

There was the time I made you puke when I asked if we’d wed
Or when that shirt I bought you wasn’t the right shade of red
Or when I made you mad by crying at those things you said
And for roughly the last 40 times we were in bed

It’s my bad
I’m sorry, don’t know what I have done
And you can pin it all on me, my little cinnabun
It’s my bad
All the problems I have caused you today
‘Cuz after all, you are so perfect in just every way
So, my bad

I’m still so sorry that you had maxed out my credit cards
And then you poisoned me and buried me in the backyard
Everything except my heart, which you keep on a shelf
But I’m telling you, my dear, you shouldn’t blame yourself

It’s my bad
I’m sorry, yeah, the guilt is all mine
I don’t blame you for that Pepsi laced with turpentine
It’s my bad
Everything that I have done to you
And so I’m happy to be killed to prove my love is true
It’s my bad
I’m sorry, but well, hey, it was fun
Hope your next lover knows that they are a lucky one
It’s my bad
Things are better now that I am gone
Just blame me for everything that happens from now on
It’s my bad!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home