Sunday, February 12, 2006

Peeps unite! Christian is world champion!

I dunno if it'll stick this time (unlike when Rhino won the belt), but bravo to TNA: Christian Cage won the NWA World Title from Jeff Jarrett tonight at Against All Odds. Judging by the pop the win got, and the nearly-riotous reaction of the crowd, it was a move that was long overdue. Gotta be honest, I didn't think he had a hope in hell, and I am extremely happy that I was wrong. Here's hoping that Christian's reign is given more time than his "brother"'s was over in The Company That Shall Not Be Named.

The rest of the show was pretty darn good, too. The three-way rematch was really good, but I don't think it was as good as the first one...but then, to improve on perfection is a really tall order. I'll have to watch it again (and again, and again) to know how it really stacks up. Rhino and Abyss, as I suspected they would, had an awesome falls-count-anywhere match, with Abyss taking a hellacious bump to end it. The rest of the card ranged from solid to okay, with no really bad match anywhere to be seen. A good outing to rebound from last month's lackluster Final Resolution.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home