Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Must-read column from Mick and a personal proclamation

This week's Foley is Blog on WWE.com is the gutsiest thing Mick's written yet, maybe the most gutsy thing Mick's ever written, and is an absolute must-read for all wrestling fans. Mick takes WWE to task for the absolutely disgusting recent tactic of exploiting Eddie Guerrero's death in storylines in an effort to get Randy Orton over as a heel.

For those who don't know, last Friday on Smackdown, Orton challenged Rey to a match for the WrestleMania title shot (which he'll probably win, BTW) by ridiculing Eddie and proclaiming that he was in hell right now.

(Insert mental image of Jeff sitting silently, brooding until steam comes out of his ears.)

You know, this weekend will be a wonderful time for me. There will be the BGSU Royal Rumble on Saturday, which I hope to see a lot of you at. There will also be an actual wrestling PPV to watch on Sunday - Against All Odds, TNA's February offering, featuring a rematch of last year's blow-the-doors-off match-of-the-year with Samoa Joe, AJ Styles and Christopher Daniels. I still love wrestling with more passion than almost any other hobby I have.

But not WWE. Whatever lingering love I had for WWE, based upon nostalgia or the guys currently working there or whatever, is now gone, maybe never to return.

Vince, you've managed to accomplish something I never thought possible. You're making me regret supporting the WWF back in the Monday Night War era. You're making me hate myself when I watch your show. You're making me ashamed to be a wrestling fan.

For this to be coming from a guy who's watched your product for nearly 20 years, that's a hell of an achievement. Congratulations.

Go TNA.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home