Monday, January 30, 2006

Some wrestling comments...

First and foremost, even though I didn't see it, it was cool that Rey Mysterio got to win the Royal Rumble last night. Nice job, guys. I'll bet anyone a million bucks that they won't actually let him main event WrestleMania, though, which is a shame, because I guarantee Rey/Angle would draw better than what apparently actually is on the docket, Angle/Randy Orton. Man, we just won't give it UP, will we?

And by the way, putting the title on Edge, bad, putting it on Edge and then hotshotting it right back onto Cena, worse. If you're gonna try something like this, you have to at least be committed to it enough to give it a month at least. Edge basically got any credibility he will ever have in the main event shot to hell thanks to this - I'm not crying in my root beer over that, mind you, but why bother doing it in the first place, then?

And by the way, a first in wrestling has happened...one of my silly ideas got stolen. Last year, when Chris wanted to make "The Miz" for the Jack Sparrow Memorial, I named one of his finishers the "Mizard of Ahhs," since it was a twister slam and it seemed like a suitably silly wrestling finisher name.

Well, "The Miz" just debuted for OVW, which is WWE's regional training ground. And what does he call his finisher? "The Mizard of Oz."

Let us review: not only did I predate this by a good six months or so, but my version also added an additional (and more clever) pun onto the last word. I'm not sure if I should be flattered or applying for a job.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home