Sunday, February 12, 2006

The Vice President Imitates Art

Thanks to Beth for the heads up on this one. Again, this is not from the Onion.

"The Hunting Song" by Tom Lehrer

"How distinctly I remember
'Twas a year ago, November
I went out to shoot some deer
On a morning, bright and clear
I went and shot the maximum the game laws would allow
Two game wardens, seven hunters and a cow.

"I was in no mood to trifle
I picked up my trusty rifle
And went out to stalk my prey
What a haul I made that day!
I strapped them to my fender and I drove them home somehow
Two game wardens, seven hunters and a cow.

"The law was very firm, it
Took away my permit
The worst punishment I'd ever endured.

"It turned out there was a reason
Cows were out of season
And one of the hunters wasn't insured.

"People ask me how I do it
And I say there's nothing to it
You just stand there, looking cute
And if something moves, you shoot.
And there's ten stuffed heads in my trophy room right now
Two game wardens,
Seven hunters,
And a pure bred Guernsey cow!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home