Wednesday, November 29, 2006

Movie Quote Winners IV: The Quote for Peace!

Holy schnikes! We not only have a new leader, we have new LEADERS! Dave and Beth tie for the top spot! Former quote champ Lindsey isn't far behind, and seeing how quickly our new co-leaders rose in the rankings, others could seriously jump up in number, as well! New quote up now!


61. “'Hey, Topper, whatcha reading?' 'Great Expectations.' 'Is it any good?' 'Eh, it's not all I'd hoped for.’” - “Hot Shots: Part Deux” - Steph

62. “Why did our mothers start this war, What the f*ck are they fighting for, When did this song become a marathon?” - “South Park: Bigger, Longer and Uncut” - Beth

63. “It's not every day you find out you're responsible for 3 billion deaths. He took it pretty well.” – Terminator 2 - Greg

64. “Not if you tied my tongue to your tail-pipe and drove me eighty miles-an-hour naked across a field of broken glass. No. No! NO!” - “The Hard Way" - Greg

65. “Hi. I'm Shellie's new boyfriend and I'm out of my mind.” - “Sin City” - Beth

66. “‘It lacked certain elements that we need to market a film successfully.’ ‘What elements?’ ‘Suspense, laughter, violence, hope, heart, nudity, sex, happy endings. Mainly happy endings.’” - “The Player” - Dave

67. “'Oh, isn't he a lady killer?' 'Acquitted.’” - “Addams Family Values” - John

68. “DONT CRY BABY. KNEW THIS WAS ONE WAY TICKET BUT YOU KNOW I HAD TO COME. LOVE YOU WIFE.” - “The Abyss” - Greg

69. “Sh*t... charging a man with murder in this place was like handing out speeding tickets in the Indy 500.” - “Apocalypse Now” - Beth

70. “Be careful what you shoot at. Most things in here don't react too well to bullets.” - “The Hunt for Red October” - Patrick

71. “This is my happening, and it freaks me out!” - “Beyond the Valley of the Dolls” - NO ONE & “Austin Powers: International Man of Mystery” - Beth

72. “’Your nose is broken.’ ‘How does it look?’ ‘Ah, it’s an improvement.’” - “Rocky” - Beth

73. “I get a window from a glass, he must get a window from a glass. I get a step, he must get a step. I get a clock-radio…he cannot afford. Great success!” - “Borat: Cultural Learning of America for Make Benefit Glorious Nation of Kazakhstan” - John

74. "'Listen, you guys. You're sort of confusing me, so, um, begone... or, um, however I get rid of you guys.' 'That'll work.'“ - “The Emperor’s New Groove” - Beth

75. “How do I look?” “Like a hood ornament.” - “The Rocketeer” - Patrick

76. “‘Where’s your other hand?’ ‘Between two pillows.’ ‘Those aren’t pillows!’” - “Planes, Trains and Automobiles” - Natalie

77. “The only idea more overused than serial killers is multiple personality. On top of that, you explore the notion that cop and criminal are really two aspects of the same person. See *every cop movie ever made* for other examples of this.” - “Adaptation.” - Dave

78. “I used to be the next president of the United States of America. (pause) I don’t find that particularly funny.” - “An Inconvenient Truth” - Dave

79. “Good night, Santa. Good night, Mrs. Santa's sister.” - “Bad Santa” - Beth

80. “What's the matter, you bums forgotten how to kill people? Have you no sense of pride in what you do? No sense of duty, no sense of destiny? I'm looking for generals! What do I got? Foot soldiers!” - “Dick Tracy” - J. Michael

80 ½. “I came here to chew bubblegum and kick *ss. And I’m all out of bubblegum.” - “They Live” - Lindsey, who correctly identified the source of this quote, referenced in my blog tribute to Roddy Piper. Yes, extra credit quotes can be hidden everywhere. So keep your eyes peeled. :)

YOUR SCORECARD:
Beth: 17
Dave: 17
Lindsey: 16
Greg: 7
Steph: 5
John: 4
Patrick: 3
J. Michael: 2
Natalie: 2
E. Sean: 1
Matt: 1
Tracey: 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home