Wednesday, November 15, 2006

So Scary, We Can't Even Keep Count!

So, there's this marathon of horror films showing this weekend at a buncha theatres all across the country, including my own. It's called "Horrorfest."

It's been advertised all over the place. The idea, supposedly, is that all these films are just TOO SHOCKING for the general public, so they'll never be properly released, and the only way to see them is in this festival.

My gut reaction is that the movies are so terrifically awful that no distributor could possibly justify showing them in any way other than a gimmicky set-up like this, but that's just me. (Why else schedule "Horrorfest" a full three weeks AFTER Halloween?)

But that's not the funny part. All the ads they've been running - commercials, trailers, banner ads on websites, EVERYTHING - have featured the catchphrase "8 Films to Die For." That's pretty much the title of the whole thing: "Horrorfest: 8 Films to Die For."

Tonight at the theatre, we got in the prints of the films we're showing as part of the festival.

There are NINE movies.

I'm serious. You can even go to the official Horrorfest website and count for yourself. The banner ad at the top of the page says, "8 Films to Die For." The commercial embedded in the page talks about how there are, "8 Films to Die For." And they list NINE MOVIES.

The obvious question: So, which one is the one you can't die for? My money's on "Snoop Dogg's Hood of Horror."

1 Comments:

At 8:25 PM, Blogger Biddie said...

I had completely forgotten about the Horrorfest! It's playing here in Canada, but probably not in our city...Too bad, I'd love to go.
My bet for the worst, not-to-die-for movie being Snoop Dog. What was that other movie with him in it? Bonez? I still can't believe that I spent $5 to rent it. Now THAT'S scary!!!!!!!!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home