Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Movie Quote Winners III: Quote Warriors

(Folks, after this round, we suddenly have a close contest! Lindsey, watch your back, Dave and Beth are hot on your heels! Keep on guessing, new quote's up now!)

41. “'Well, if I give you some more money, will you buy some new socks? Please?’ ‘Well, I’d be tempted, but I couldn’t say for sure. Might find its way to the track.’” - “Million Dollar Baby” - Dave

42. “So this is planet Houston.” - “Superman II” - Dave

43. “They're skilled ammunition workers. They're essential. Essential girls! Their fingers polish the inside of shell metal casings. How else am I to polish the inside of a 45 millimeter shell casing? You tell me. You tell me!” - “Schindler’s List” - Dave

44. “I ain’t got time to bleed.” - “Predator” - Greg

45. “’Was that the boogeyman?’ ‘As a matter of fact…that was.’” - “Halloween” - Beth

46. “They’re coming to get you, Barbara…” - “Night of the Living Dead” - John

47. “Oh, it's a big pretty white plane with a red stripes, curtains at the windows and wheels and it looks like a big Tylenol.” - “Airplane!” - Beth

48. “'If you didn't kill him, then who did, sir?' 'Who can say? Best thing for him, really. His therapy was going nowhere.'“ - “The Silence of the Lambs” - Dave

49. “He strolled. Like a man in a park without a care or a worry in the world. Like he had on some kind of invisible coat that was gonna shield him from this place. Yeah...I guess it'd be fair to say that I liked Andy from the start.” - “The Shawshank Redemption” - Lindsey

50. “'Just stay right where you are, Your Ladyship, and we'll be with you in an aaaaahhhhrrrrrrr...' 'In an hour? But I can't wait an hour!'“ - “Wallace and Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit” - Beth

51. “You never had a camera in my head.” - “The Truman Show” - Beth

52. “'I think it might be helpful if I gave you some background on the different personalities Regan has manifested. So far, I'd say there seem to be three. She's convinced...' 'There is only one.'" - “The Exorcist” - Dave

53. “You ever get the feelin'... I don't know, er... when you're in town and someone looks at you all suspicious, like he knows? And then you go out on the pavement and everyone looks like they know too?” - “Brokeback Mountain” - Dave

54. “Hello. My name is Marty DiBergi. I'm a filmmaker. I make a lot of commercials. That little dog that chases the covered wagon underneath the sink? That was mine.” - “This Is Spinal Tap” - Dave

55. “We're Americans! With a capital 'A', huh? And you know what that means? Do you? That means that our forefathers were kicked out of every decent country in the world. We are the wretched refuse. We're the underdog. We're mutts!” - “Stripes” - Dave

56. “No matter how many times you save the world, it always manages to get back in jeopardy again. Sometimes I just want it to stay saved! You know, for a little bit? I feel like the maid; I just cleaned up this mess! Can we keep it clean for, for ten minutes?” - “The Incredibles” - Beth

57. “You think I just want another puzzle to solve? Another John G. to look for? You're a John G. So, you can be my John G. Will I lie to myself to be happy? In your case Teddy... yes I will.” - “Memento” - Beth

58. “And it seemed real. It seemed like, well, our home. If not Arizona, then a land not too far away. Where all parents are strong and wise and capable, and all children are happy and beloved...I dunno. Maybe it was Utah.” - “Raising Arizona” - Greg

59. “We really shook the pillars of heaven, didn't we, Wang?” - “Big Trouble in Little China” - Greg

60. “‘The President will be a hero. He brought peace.’ ‘But there was never a war.’ ‘All the greater accomplishment.’” - “Wag the Dog” - J. Michael


YOUR SCORECARD:
Lindsey: 15
Dave: 14
Beth: 10
Steph: 4
Greg: 4
John: 2
E. Sean: 1
J. Michael: 1
Matt: 1
Natalie: 1
Patrick: 1
Tracey: 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home