Sunday, December 18, 2005

Any Holidays I'm Missing?

I'm planning a big, massive greeting for the Director's Halls this week in which I will be wishing Happy Holidays to everyone...and trying to include almost EVERY possible holiday celebrated in the U.S. (Well, most of them...I'm leaving out a lot of the really silly holidays like "National Jeans Day"...except when I think they'd be funny to say in this context.) Here's the list I have going right now - if anyone knows of any holidays (real or pop-culture inspired) that should also be included, please let me know!

Christmas
Channukah
Kwanzaa
Ramadan
Winter Solstice
Advent
Yule
Festival of Lights
Candle Mass
Hogmanay
Vartusht - No - Diso
El Dia de Senora Guadelupe
Beethoven Day
Boxing Day
Forefather’s Day
Gorilla Suit Day
Human Rights Day
Louisiana Purchase Day
National Brownie Day
Nobel Prize Day
Pearl Harbor Day
Poinsettia Day
Rosa Parks Day
Sister-Friend Day
St. Switten’s Day
Teacher Appreciation Day
Victory Day
Wear Brown Shoes Day
World Peace Day
Decemberween
Life Day
Festival of Kot’Baval
Festivvus
or, Nothing at All

And a Happy New Year!

6 Comments:

At 9:43 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you must include "chrismakuh" too! (it's an OC reference if you don't get it) but nonetheless it is fun to say! :P you could also include chrismahanukwanikah or whatever that big long word is when you put them all together. lol. enjoy!
~Caitlin

 
At 6:53 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

amlibuld

 
At 6:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just kidding...how about Sept 11th...Patriot Day I believe it is!

 
At 8:14 AM, Blogger ruehllin said...

When is national brownie day?!?!?!?

 
At 8:32 AM, Blogger Jeff Mac said...

Whoops, I shoulda clarified that this list is only supposed to be all the holidays celebrated during the month of December - ergo, Patriot Day would be out. And I have heard of Chrismakuh, and am considering adding that one in.

National Brownie Day, BTW, is on December 8th. See http://www.123greetings.com/events/december2005.html for proof. :)

 
At 6:50 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DAMN!! I make a comment and it ends up wholly irrelevant...I'm retired from commenting!!!!!! Just kidding

 

Post a Comment

<< Home