Friday, November 04, 2005

A Cool Couple-a Days...

I liked the last few days. A lot. A real lot.

-Work was uneventful, as all the best days of work are, really.

-After work on Wednesday, I got a call from Abby Bollenbacher, who I haven't heard from in a while. We swapped poker stories and I wished her best of luck in this weekend's pageant. As I will again here. GOOD LUCK ABBY!!!!

-Then, I drove to Beth's place, where she was sadly ill with food poisioning, but I swung by to pick up some chairs I left behind there on Sunday. From there we talk for an hour or so about life, friendship, politics, everything. I love being friends with Beth because I can stop by for a quick visit and have such conversations out of nowhere. Getting to know her has truly been one of the great things of this year...heck, in many years.

-From there, a drive to Heather's to drop off her Game Boy and then get roped into an hour-long discussion with her and Mark about British TV and pop culture issues. I was supposed to be on the road by 9:30 at the latest, as I had promised Jess I'd be at Shatner's rehearsal at 10, but the convo just kept going until 9:40 - and then I stayed longer because I HAD to show them the new Homestar Runner Halloween toon. I finally got going at 9:50, calling Jess in the interim to make sure she knew I was on my way.

-And to Shatners I went, to see the lovely and talented Miss Mitolo run rehearsal for her crew as they prepared for their first show of the season on Saturday. And boy, has she got a talented group of kids there. Just tremendously good performers. They could use a little work on knowing when to jump in to help out a scene, but that will come with time. The basic tools, they already have. In SPADES. Twas a great thing to see, and of course it was wonderful to see Jess, as well.

-And after work on Thursday, a few more nice things. First, getting to talk to Anne and invite her to the evening's events, though sadly she couldn't make it. Then, drive to Greg's condo in Port Clinton to watch the TNA Impact primetime special, and formally intoduce Greg to the new company. He really seemed to enjoy it and was very impressed with their work, though his sleep schedule led him to dose off at one point (he insisted I wake him for the main event, though).

-Also, during the evening's proceedings, I got a phone call from Amanda - first time in a long time I'd heard from her, either! Though the wrestling-watching circumstances prevented me from talking to her long, I tried to call her back afterward (but she apparently had already gone to sleep). Hope to hear from her again soon, miss her like the dickens!

All in all, the past few days were a very cool series of events that served to remind me just how damn lucky I am to have so many cool peeps in my life. Things like that, with people like that, really make me glad to be alive.

And that's a really good feeling.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home