Friday, September 16, 2005

Jarrett Wins World Title, Somehow Planet Is Still Turning

Online reaction to the move seems to be overwhelmingly negative, with folks writing off TNA's whole run on Spike TV as a result. This p*sses me off to no end, as I articulated in this reply to a thread on Scott Keith's blog...

"I hate Jarrett, too, but if you're gonna write off everything TNA does on Spike with one title switch, I'm guessing you haven't actually been watching much of it lately. It's not like Raven as champ was setting the world on fire, either, and my guess is he'll be getting it back soon, if not at the first Impact on Spike.

"And besides, I don't watch TNA for the world title picture, anyway - I watch it for AJ Styles, Christopher Daniels, Samoa Joe, Chris Sabin, Petey Williams, AMW, The Naturals, and any number of young guys who are actually GETTING a chance to do what they can do without having to dumb their work down for the sake of 'not overshadowing the stars.'

"Jarrett sucks, absolutely. But as fans, we HAVE to start looking at this from a different perspective, choosing a lesser evil - the greater evil, in this case, being an evil with three H's in his name. And while Jarrett is guilty of egotistical grandstanding, it's not at the expense of all the other truly gifted talent who also works on the show - and as a result, from a wrestling standpoint, TNA is so clearly the better alternative right now, it's not funny.

"All I'm saying is, if you're gonna give up on TNA already because of Jarrett, I think you're being incredibly near-sighted. And note that an NWA title match wasn't even the main event of the last PPV - the AJ/Joe/Daniels three-way was. And it was one of the greatest matches, ever. It'd be a shame if folks missed matches like that because of their bias toward one wrestler."

I will post on something non-wrestling related soon, I promise...

1 Comments:

At 2:00 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its times like these that I fondly recall the single most amusing sign I have ever seen for a WWE (then WWF) event.

"DOUBLE J
IS DOUBLE GAY"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home