Friday, November 26, 2004

A Few Thanksgiving Thoughts...

-My own personal Turkey day is complete. Fresh hot turkey with the folks (albiet a LITTLE bit dry, but I'm kinda used to that) at lunchtime, cold turkey on bread with Miracle Whip at the end of the day. Nothing better, man. You can have your alcohol, tobacco or whatever. Go ahead. All I need is my turkey fix, and I'm a happy man.

-Peyton Manning is a monster. Settled in to watch the Thanksgiving football game this afternoon with dad (one of the few times I get to watch the game with him), to see Manning completely dissect the Detroit Lions and throw SIX touchdown passes in the game. The scary part is, they took him out near the end of the THIRD QUARTER. All that in under 45 minutes of playing time. I mean, geez, this guy is a machine. He's sitting at 7 away from tying the all-time record for TD passes in a season, and there's 5 games to go. Major ups to Peyton for an amazing year, and also for stealing all the MVP thunder away from Terrell "Look at me! I'm doing a new dance! Look at me!" Owens. (Yep, sorry, I don't like the guy. No offense to anyone else on his team, and I like Donovan McNabb a lot, but Owens...man, I don't like that guy.)

-How much does ESPN Classic's show "Cheap Seats" wanna be like its obvious inspiration/target of rip-off, MST3K? This much - today, they did an all-day marathon of it. Hmm, a show that mocks older footage with running commentary, having an all-day marathon on Thanksgiving. Sound familiar? I've only been able to stomach the show for a minute or so at a time, and given its far-more mean spirited, low-brow, and unfunny remarks, and given its hosts, who have the same effect on me as fingernails on a chalkboard, I can safely say this: Gentlemen, I know MST3K, I've watched MST3K, and you, sirs, are NO MST3K. Shelve the all-day marathon and leave the MSTing to the big boys.

-BTW, I was able to have a little MST3K Turkey Day marathon of my own, watching "Werewolf" and "Santa Claus Conquers the Martians" at my home tonight, since I got off work early. Very fun. And now we head for the season - time to start making lists and checking them twice...betcha Mom wants perfume again... :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home