Friday, June 01, 2007

Movie Quote Winners VII: Advent Children (There’s No Cute Way to Sneak “Quote” into that Phrase!)

(Yes, it's been a while. I apologize. New quote is up now!)

121. “You know, some guys just can't hold their arsenic.” - “Chicago” - Lindsey

121 ½. “Ba weep grana weep ninny bon?” - “Transformers: The Movie” - Greg

122. “I’m an excellent driver.” - “Rain Man” - Lindsey

123. “That still only counts as one!” - “The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King” - Beth

124. “Now I want you to remember that no b*stard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor dumb b*stard die for his country.” - “Patton” - Beth

125. “From now on we are enemies, You and I. Because You choose for Your instrument a boastful, lustful, smutty, infantile boy and give me for reward only the ability to recognize the incarnation.” - “Amadeus” - Beth

126. “Somebody once wrote: ‘Hell is the impossibility of reason.’ That's what this place feels like. Hell.” - “Platoon” - Dave

127. “Well, sir, here we are again. We've had quite a time of it lately, but it seems that the worst of it is over. Course, the fireworks all blew up, but we can't very well blame that on you.” - “You Can’t Take It With You” - Dave

128. “You should be kissed, and often, and by someone who knows how.” - “Gone with the Wind” - Beth

129. “I don't exactly know what I am required to say in order for you to have intercourse with me. But could we assume that I said all that? I mean essentially we are talking about fluid exchange, right? So could we go just straight to the sex?” - “A Beautiful Mind” - Beth

130. “If Mr. McMurphy doesn't want to take his medication orally, I'm sure we can arrange that he can have it some other way.” - “One Flew Over the Cookoo’s Nest” - Beth

131. “‘One thousand pounds for an elephant? It's outrageous! You've been diddled.’ ‘Undoubtedly. But it's not often one needs an elephant in a hurry.’” - “Around the World in Eighty Days” - Beth

132. “I don't feel I have to wipe everybody out, Tom. Just my enemies.” - “The Godfather: Part II” - Dave

133. “Fraulein, is it to be at every meal, or merely at dinnertime, that you intend on leading us all through this rare and wonderful new world of... indigestion?” - “The Sound of Music” - Natalie

134. “I'm no good at being noble, but it doesn't take much to see that the problems of three little people don't amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world. Someday you'll understand that.” - “Casablanca” - Lindsey

135. “‘Your island? You mean Ireland?’ ‘Yeah. It’s mine.’” - “Braveheart” - Steph

136. "Terrorists? (pause) I left the coffee pot on again, didn't I?" - “Clerks II” - Greg

137. “Believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds that I was doing something really stupid...and...I went ahead anyway.” - “Mystery Science Theater 3000: The Movie” - Lindsey

138. “(with mouthful of apple) Besides, there’s no reason we can’t be civil, is there?” - “300” - Steph

139. “Miss Pascal, I've been odd. I know I've been odd, and I know that there are many forces at work telling me to bring these down here to you, but I brought these for you because... I want you.” - “Stranger Than Fiction” - Lindsey

140. “I even see the dog. That's how f*cked up I still am. I see a man walking his German Shepard, and I see our g*ddamn Poodle!” - "Reign Over Me" - Natalie

YOUR SCORECARD:
Beth: 34
Dave: 31
Lindsey: 28
Greg: 15
Steph: 11
Natalie: 8
John: 4
Patrick: 3
J. Michael: 2
E. Sean: 1
Matt: 1
Tracey: 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home