Friday, December 15, 2006

Movie Quote Winners V: Assignment: Quote Beach!

Welcome to our special holiday-themed edition of the movie-quote game! 20 Santa-clogged entries later, Beth is our new leader, Dave's not far behind, Lindsey is playing catch-up, Greg cracks the double digit barrier, and more! And as my supply of holiday-related flicks is running a bit low, we'll be going back to regular-ol' movie quotes starting with number 101, which is up now on my MySpace profile. But fear not, the holiday movie theme is sure to return someday. Heck, maybe we'll even do it this summer! "We'll call it...CHRISTMAS II!!!"

81. “Well, technically speaking, the operation *is* brain damage, but it's on a par with a night of heavy drinking. Nothing you'll miss.” - “Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind” - Natalie

82. “You wanna get Capone? Here’s how you get him. He pulls a knife, you pull a gun. He sends one of yours to the hospital, you send one of his to the morgue! *That’s* the Chicago way! And that’s how you get Capone.” - “The Untouchables” - Dave

83. “Let's look at this thing from a…from a standpoint of status. What do we got on the spacecraft that's *good*?” - “Apollo 13” - Dave

84. “I'm American, honey. Our names don't mean sh*t.” - “Pulp Fiction” - Beth

84 ½. “Holy schnikes!” - “Tommy Boy” - Greg, who correctly deduced the source of my exclamation from my blog entry

85. “That's right. I've killed women and children. I've killed just about everything that walks or crawls at one time or another. And I'm here to kill you, Little Bill, for what you did to Ned.” - “Unforgiven” - Dave

86. “But, you don’t wanna be bamboozled. You don’t wanna be lead down the primrose path! You don’t wanna be conned or duped, have the wool pulled over your eyes. Hoodwinked. You don’t wanna be taken for a ride. Railroaded!…Seeing is believing, am I right?” - “The Polar Express” - Beth

87. “Only one thing in the world could've dragged me away from the soft glow of electric sex gleaming in the window.” - “A Christmas Story” - Dave

88. “Now I have a machine gun. Ho. Ho. Ho.” - “Die Hard” - Beth

88 ½. “May the Schwartz be with you.” - “Spaceballs” - Lindsey, who correctly IDed a quote in a text message I sent her. I didn’t mean for it to be a reference, but it was, and she called me on it, so I had to give her credit. So there. :)

89. “No, for three reasons: A, I'm not that lucky. Two, we have smoke detectors. And D, we live on the most boring street in the whole United States of America, where nothing even remotely dangerous will ever happen. Period.” - “Home Alone” - Beth

90. “‘What're they doing?‘ ‘They're watching Snow White. And they love it.’” - “Gremlins” - Greg

90 ½. “Shhhhhyeah, right…” - “Wayne’s World” - Lindsey, who correctly identified this quote from a blog title!

91. “If he weren't up there now, I don't think it would be snowing...sometimes, you can still catch me dancing in it.” - “Edward Scissorhands” - Natalie

92. “And Mrs. Claus has positively identified the kidnappers as Martians.” - “Santa Claus Conquers the Martians” - Dave

93. “From now on, the only person who gets to yell is me. Why? Because I have a gun. People with guns get to do whatever they want. Married people without guns - for instance, you - DO NOT get to yell. Why? NO GUNS!” - “The Ref” - Steph

94. “Merry Christmas, Alfred. Goodwill toward men…and women.” - “Batman Returns” - Beth

95. “WORSE?!? How could things get any worse? Take a look around you, Ellen! We're at the threshold of hell!” - “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” - Dave

96. “‘I’m telling you, Frank, don’t waste your life as I did mine.’ ‘Waste?!? How can you say that? You’re a legend in this business! You’re the man who invented the miniseries!’” - “Scrooged” - Beth

97. “Just once, I'd like a regular, normal Christmas. A little eggnog... a f*ckin' Christmas tree... a little turkey. But, no. I gotta crawl around in this motherf*ckin' tin can.” - “Die Hard II: Die Harder” - Greg

98. “You take the International Date Line, multiply it by the Time Zones, divided by the accelerated rotation of the earth... uh, carry the 1, and, uh, allowing for the Vernal Equinox on the Tropic of Cancer, he might just pull it off.” - “Ernest Saves Christmas” - Beth

99. “‘Here is my Christmas speech. "Thank you all, and Merry Christmas."’ ‘*That* was the speech?’ ‘It was dumb!’ ‘It was obvious!’ ‘It was pointless!’ ‘It was... short.’ ‘I loved it!’” - “The Muppets Christmas Carol” - Lindsey

100. “That’s right…that’s right…atta boy, Clarence!” - “It’s a Wonderful Life” - Lindsey

YOUR SCORECARD:
Beth: 24
Dave: 23
Lindsey: 20
Greg: 10
Steph: 6
John: 4
Natalie: 4
Patrick: 3
J. Michael: 2
E. Sean: 1
Matt: 1
Tracey: 1

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home