Monday, March 13, 2006

This one hurts...

From Yahoo News...

I spent a good portion of my childhood (and a lot of my teenage years and adult life, too) watching Press Your Luck. It's probably my favorite game show of all time, and speaking as a major fan of game shows, that's saying something. And now its host and its announcer are both gone.

Peter was always one of those guys who was just fun to watch, and he was the perfect host for one of the most fast-paced and exciting games ever invented. When the revival occurred in 2003, the only thing really missing was Peter as host (no offense to Todd Newton, though). When he appeared at the start of season two as a guest host, it was an incredibly cool moment in television. Little did I know at the time it would have to be a goodbye, too.

We'll miss you, Peter, and thanks for a TON of great memories.

(A much better tribute column can be found here.)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home