Wednesday, December 15, 2004

Christmas shopping with the person you're shopping for

It's so much easier when they're there to guide your hand. I mean, sure, the look of surprise is gone on Christmas morning, but at least you know they want what you're giving, and won't be disappointed. And my brother, the Lord-of-the-Rings-&-Tom-Hanks-in-an-Airport fanatic that he is, knew exactly what he wanted. (He'd also pulled the same trick with me last week, as I went with him to pick up the Matrix set.)

Everyone else is much trickier. Now, I'm not about to go bragging about what my list is getting, lest I learn a lot of them have suddenly found this site. (Yeah, right.) But I will say that I'm a bit more confident in my gifts this year than I have been in years past. Except for the Shannons. I don't have a clue what I'm getting them. (Except for Heather, since she flat-out told me what she wanted, too, although hers is...a little...unique. If she lets me tell ya, I will.)

In other news:

The new position at the theatre is really cool. I feel like I'm responsible for something, like I'm kinda supervising myself, and I'm loving it. Also means I'm doing performance-related stuff, too, which is great. Can't wait to do my schtick in front of a big weekend crowd.

Haven't updated the 3D in a few days. Sorry, just keep forgetting. Back on it tonight, by gum! Yee haw!

Abby updated her site again! The link's on the sidebar! Go now!

Saw Dodgeball last night. Some really, really funny stuff in there. Not great, but good. If you see the DVD, and see the "alternate ending," I ask you - is it just me, or is that ending a joke? Not a joke as in bad, a joke as in, a joke? Because if the movie was gonna end like that, it woulda been, like, 15 minutes shorter, and also left about a million plot threads hanging. I don't buy it.

Weird fact someone brought up in a Roger Ebert movie glossary definition - every feature-length James Cameron movie since, like, 1984, has began either with the letter A or the letter T. Seriously, check it out: Terminator. Aliens. The Abyss. (Double whammy.) Terminator 2. True Lies. Titanic. Only Ghosts of the Abyss breaks the trend, and that was a 45-minute IMAX doc. I wonder if he had gotten the rights to Spider-Man, would he have redubbed him Tarantula-Man to keep the streak alive?

Time's running out on Holiday Card sending! If you want one, ship me an address! Please!

Something I noticed only upon seeing the Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy trailer for the 10th time today - in the top left corner of the screen, the stars form the number 42. Hee hee...

My thoughts are still with all my friends in mid-exam week! Kick much butt, mi amigas and amigos!

Much thanks to the lovely and talented Megan Grandstaff for reposting that wonderful article on "nice guys" to her journal yesterday. As someone who fancies himself as just such a nice guy, the piece made me smile and even brought a tear of recognition to my eye. And as always, I keep hope alive that, for me, a day will come. But until then, I will just be the best damn friend I can to everyone in my life. Love you all!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home