Wednesday, December 08, 2004

These are a few of my favorite peeps...

Having a car of my own again gives me a few opportunities not available to me a scant few days ago. Like, say, after work, stopping by the post office and getting most of my holiday cards mailed, and then stopping by BG and getting a chance to see folks for the first time in forever, and leaving them some cheer by dropping off their cards, as well.

First stop was Amanda's, who it is always great to see. I didn't stay too long, as she looked tired and preoccupied with work, but I did get to drop her card and give her a big 'ol bearhug. Hope the coming weeks treat her wonderfully.

Then it was to the Pond, where, to my sorrow, not many people were home, but to my joy, Jessica was. I haven't had the chance to hang out with Jess nearly enough as of late, as she is one of my favorite people to talk to (well, one of my favorite people, period). No matter how things are or how the world is treating me, I can never come away from a conversation with Jess feeling down - her wondefully positive attitude and "up" personality makes everything seem just a little nicer. I was truly happy to get a chance to chat with her for a while about life, the universe, and everything, and certainly hope to get in much more chat time with her in the days to come.

Then it was off to 5th Street, stopping by Greg and Ryan's in time to see the end (last 20-30 minutes) of the extended "Return of the King," which Greg naturally was able to rent in advance because of his place of work. What I saw wasn't too terribly different from the original cut of the film, a few longer moments here and there, and Aragorn singing. Um, yeah. Oh, and the end of the credits now has the "original members" of the LOTR fan club listed, as well, which I would guess single-handedly adds about 10 minutes to the run time of the flick. I mean, the names are in alphabetical order, and they started, and me and Greg and Ryan had a convo about some other stuff for a couple minutes, then we turn back to the screen, and the list was still in the B's. I mean, geez, there's being grateful to your fans, and there's...

Then, after dropping off a card at Steph and J's, it was down to Julio and John's, where I learned (too late to do anything) that it was John's birthday. (Happy B-Day, dude!) I also was invited to play a game of Mario Party 6 (6? Already?), but I declined, watching them play instead. It looks...well, like every Mario Party before it has looked. But still fun.

All-in-all, a great evening with some great people. I love ya, everyone! Hope to do it again soon!

1 Comments:

At 12:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I thank you Oh-so -much for the christmas card! It was quite thoughtful of you and it brightened my day.

Merry Christmas!
~Caitlin :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home