Sunday, December 12, 2004

When you don't have a voice, you don't have a choice...

So I was awoken yesterday by the lovely and talented Diane Shannon , asking me if there were any tree farms around BG. An interesting way to greet the day, to be sure. But more interesting was the fact that I could barely answer her - my voice was even worse than it normally is first thing in the morning. A little drinking of water and a few hours and it was back to a functional level, enough to get through work that night.

Then came this morning, and I had NOTHING. Matt visited me first thing in the day and a whisper was all I could offer. A few hours of rest and drinking hot tea have brought it back somewhat, but I ain't taking any chances. I've been through this once before during the Hydro years, and I forced it because I had to sing, and paid for it in having no voice whatsoever for a few weeks whenever I wasn't on stage. (Ask Heather - our conversations during that time were astoundingly one-sided. I mean, even more so than usual.)

So, I'm keeping quiet for a while. Especially since I kinda have to talk at work. So, if you call, expect to hear my oh-so-awesome voice-mail message rather than me actually picking up the phone. I'll be on AIM most of the day if folks wanna get in touch, and also checking my e-mail, because until I get sick and my fingers shrink as a result, they'll never be able to take away this form of self-expression. I can still type, by gum!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home