Monday, January 08, 2007

Ten Random Comments That Just Came to Mind

-You know that horror film “Primeval?” The ads say it’s about the “most prolific serial killer in history?” Makes it look like an heir to “Seven” and “Silence of the Lambs,” right? It’s about a GIANT CROCODILE. No, really. Kinda takes away a big chunk of coolness when you find out that instead of Hannibal or Kevin Spacey, it’s an heir to “Lake Placid” instead, huh?

-Continuing its trend of utterly incompetent publicity stunts, WWE had a match between “Donald Trump” and “Rosie O’ Donnell” on their show tonight. Yep, two impersonators had a match, which Donald won. The most offensive part? The way Vince McMahon himself promoed the match: “It’s the Brash Billionaire vs. the Left-Leaning Lesbian.” Ahem. Did I mention Samoa Joe vs. Kurt Angle III will be on the TNA PPV this weekend?

-I had a flat tire driving home from work today, which severely shattered my cool.

-Philadelphia rolls of sushi are damn good.

-Hey, national title game. Hey, I really don’t give a cr*p about college football. Hey, as I write, Florida is beating the snot out of OSU. Hey, for some reason, this still kinda bums me. Maybe it’s the residue of regional pride, or because Animal’s kid is a player for OSU. I dunno. I still really don’t care. Ah well.

-Hope Roger can return to regularly writing soon. He’s been turning in one review every couple weeks or so for a few months, which is excellent, but only ends up whetting the appetite for more. Jim Emerson’s articles being the lead story on Roger’s own website are a crime in more ways than one.

-I really love listening to Jim Cornette interviews. It is a simple joy to hear someone speak at length, with great passion and intelligence, about a subject which they love. The fact that the subject is wrestling may be off-putting to some folks, but I still would have Jim front and center at any fantasy dinner party I would ever hold.

-I miss a lot of folks. And love them. You are almost certainly one of them.

-As a budding satirical songwriter, I would like to state for the record that I have not decided, and never will decide, to write a song for the sole purpose of jumping on the “____ in a Box” bandwagon. If you don’t know what I’m talking about, you don’t want to, believe me.

-A few spaces left open in the Rumble! Get your characters in while you can!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home