Tuesday, June 06, 2006

I want my JoeTV!

Why must Best Buy have their collective heads shoved so far up their collective keisters?

After MONTHS of waiting, today was to be the day that the single greatest wrestling DVD ever concieved of, The Best of Samoa Joe, was available. I made a special trip to Best Buy to grab a copy before work...

...only to find no copies available. I asked a rep, who checked in the back and said that they didn't have any, but to call tomorrow, as there was a lot of new merchandise to catalogue.

Undeterred, I called the OTHER Best Buy in town to see if they had any. The sales rep there told me that not only did they not have any, but their records indicated that it wasn't scheduled to be released until JULY 4TH.

There was nothing to be done over the phone, particularly since I was calling from work and screaming in anguish would have probably gotten me fired.

I come home and do a little digging and find out an interesting fact - the DVD is, in fact, now available in other major retailers, particularly those affiliated with Musicland, i.e. Media Play, Sam Goody, Suncoast, etc.

Yeah. Guess what stores went out of business in the ENTIRE Toledo area in the past year? Media Play, Sam Goody and Suncoast.

So, I'm screwed. I'm gonna try a few places before I head to work tomorrow, but I am holding out little hope on this one. My gut reaction is I'm gonna have to order it over Amazon, which with shipping will be a lot more than I was planning on paying.

Oh, and I also found out that EVERY Best Buy in the country, apparently, is having the same problem as the local ones, as fans the nation over have been told the fib that Joe won't be out until next month. Between this and the Metal Gear Solid debacle a while back, it's purely a matter of necessity that I'm still shopping in that store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home