Tuesday, November 09, 2004

Thoughts and stuff...

A few random musings, whatever comes to mind as I type...

-I miss MST3K. We're sitting at five years removed from its last episode. I've been watching it a lot lately, kind of as a pick-me-up, and have become re-convinced that it was the best TV show of all time. It's weird...the premise, on its face, seems like it could be very mean - non-stop mockery of bad movies. And yet, as delivered, the show is so light-hearted and loveable, and enfused with a very positive worldview. Its creator was once quoted as saying that the show "is about liberty, in a small, goofy way." And I can see what he means - it's about taking a stand against the cr*p society shovels at you, and fighting back the best way possible - with humor. We all are gonna need a lot of humor in the days to come, I think. Maybe Amanda is correct - the time IS right for another MST3K-a-thon. For more info on the show, BTW, head to Satellite News:

http://www.mst3k.com

-Another website worth your time:

http://www.sorryeverybody.com/

Still trying to decide what to do for my picture, if I send one.

-Coolest news of the week, by far: The ultimate DVD collection has been released - HomestarRunner.com just announced that ALL OF THE FIRST HUNDRED STRONG BAD E-MAILS are now available in a 3-disc set, complete with extras, commentaries, and previously unreleased e-mails. All of this for only...is this right?...29.95?!?!?! Now THAT is a steal, dudes. I am so there when I get my paycheck on Saturday.

-Still don't wana say anything about Monday. Just keep your fingers crossed for me...

-BTW, if anyone knows of a good car that's going for a cheap price, I'd appreciate knowing about it. My current car has gone the way of the dodo, and I need new wheels.

-Found out I've been misspelling my name on my Monster resume. Oops.

-Work tomorrow. First of many shifts over the next few days - not as crazy as last weekend, but still nuts. Wish me luck...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home