Tuesday, November 16, 2004

Where Oh Where Has My MGS 3 Gone?

So, I decide to bite the bullet and go ahead and buy the game this afternoon, since I am gonna be stranded at home for the next week anyway, and I need something to kill the time with. So, I grab my Best Buy Bucks (one of the benefits of eating at McDonald's...come to think of it, perhaps the only benefit of eating at McDonald's), 50 bucks from my brother so I can pick up the final season of Frasier for him (and thankfully they've already announced that season 4 will be released on February 1st...I'd hate for my favorite sitcom of all time to have some of its classic episodes unaccounted for), and head to Toledo.

Finding Frasier was a piece of cake. But when I went looking for MGS 3, it turned out to be a little more than a piece of cake. Maybe a half a cake. Or a piece of fried chicken. Anyway, there was this big hole in the game display where the "M"s were, and I got a bad feeling, thinking that they may have sold out already. So I head to ask a friendly member of the sales staff to confirm my worst fears, and then find out that they haven't sold out at all. In fact, they hadn't even gotten the game in yet. They were expecting them tomorrow. This confused me, naturally, but I did some checking around and it wasn't just Best Buy - everybody apparently was getting their games in tomorrow. I have no idea if this was a Konami problem, a shipping problem, or what, but the announced release date was the 16th, so who knows. Anyway, it's a game I've been waiting on for over 3 years, so I'm not sweating one more day.

Two more days, though, that'll suck. :)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home